ALBERTA BLACK BEAR HUNTS
There is nothing as thrilling or adventurous as an Alberta bear hunt.At Bear Bonez Outfitters, we, as hunters and avid outdoorsmen and women, take pride in what our organization stands for. Our dignity and promise ensure that our customers take home trophy-sized skulls of 17” or more significant – and the memories that go along with them.
Bear Bonez allows the smaller bears within the habitat to grow with this promise. Doing so guarantees the presence of bears of great size within the locale.
Due to our unique location, we hold a dense population of bears – meaning we don’t run the risk of depopulation in this area. To achieve the best experience for our customers, we have set up trail cameras at every bait site, allowing us to see which bears frequent these sites and giving us the option to choose the right bear to target.
Join us for your next Alberta bear hunt, and we promise that you will find no better hunting outfitter and no better hunting destination.
Black Bear Bowhunting
7 Days / 6 Nights
From Fort Smith ( Fishing Included )
$4,000 USD per Hunter (Second Bear is $1,500 USD)
Guided Resident Bear Hunt
7 Days / 6 Nights
From Fort McMurray ( Fishing Included )
$4,600 CAD per Hunter
Bear Hunting Seasons
- Spring Bear Hunts: May – June
- Fall Bear Hunts: August – September
Hunt Package Includes:
- All float plane charters and Transportation To/From airport and lodging in Fort Smith NWT included.
- Licences included for bear, trophy fishing and wolves.
- Guaranteed shot opportunity. If you don’t get a bear we bring you back for free.
- 20% color phase red, brown, cinnamon and rare arctic blue
- Unlimited wolf tags
- Trophy walleye and northern pike fishing
- Hot and freshly prepared food
- Ice cold drinks
- Private accommodation cabins with electricity, fridge, freezer, ice machines, cooking and eating utensils, shower
- 4 x 14′ boats with 9.9 Honda motors, unlimited fuel, life jackets, rods and tackle
- 50 LBS weight limit. Extra weight charged at $0.65 per LB, 100 LB max per person. Additional flights from Fort Smith, $700 for 700 LBS.
Hunt Package does NOT include:
- Gratuity to guides and staff
NORTHERN ALBERTA “GREAT CANADIAN SHIELD” HUNTING EXPERIENCE
Our territory is Alberta’s sole claim to the Canadian shield. The land is a combination of rugged outcroppings of rock and characterized by over 100 lakes, making it the best place for Alberta bear hunting.
Our area bordering Wood Buffalo Park offers “active bait” or “spot & stalk” hunts for some of Alberta’s largest black bears. This is a two bear area, with many of our hunters taking colour phase and skulls scoring between 18 and 20 inches.
- Hunter pick-up is in Fort McMurray – daily air service from Edmonton. (Resident Hunts)
- Spring Weights averaging 300 – 400 lbs with hides squaring 6+ feet.
- Exceptional trophies over 500 lbs, 21”+ skulls and squaring 8+ feet.
- Wilderness camps accessed by boat, floatplane and helicopter
- All color phase bears (dark chocolate brown to blonde white to glacier blue)
- Accommodation – Cabin/outpost & spike camps
- Incredible trophy fishing available for Northern Pike and Walleye
- Black Bear ( 2 bear limit) combination hunts
Don’t Forget to Pack …
7 – 8 Hunting Days -most hunting is done in permanent and portable tree stands over bait. Some “spot & stalk” hunting is done along river banks and lake shores
Full service/ Full guided hunt -all meals, snacks & refreshments provided in camp. All trophy care and preparation for shipping included. Export permits are provided at no charge.
Hunting Gear -Rifle/ Archery/ Black Powder (we have powder, specify brand)
Hunters are responsible for providing safety harness.
Clothing -Temperature (Lows 30 -40 F, Highs 60 -80 F.)
Camo -no restrictions on color/ blaze – recommend Realtree All Purpose Gray/ X-TRA Brown/ Mossy Oak Break up
Waterproof boots -not necessarily for hiking, very minimal walking
Cameras – Video /Still/ Film
Fishing Gear -Medium Action Rods – 8 – 151b test line, spoons, crankbaits, spinners (Rod & Tackle only, we provide life jackets, landing nets.) Fishing is available on all hunts that are booked as a “Hunting & Fishing” Combination.